Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sad Day

Well, my daughter and I took Meezer over this morning to the vet's to put him to sleep. He went quietly, the kind vet tech gave him a sedative first and that relaxed him and made him drowsy, so he was kind of out of it. I'm glad I got to be with him. He will be missed, my husband said he will miss the "rrrowwwwr.... yowwwwll....rrrowwwwrrr..." in the middle of the night coming from the top of my buffet where Meezer slept.

This may sound a little strange, but I believe that the other animals in the house should be able to say goodbye to the animal that's passed away, kind of like their own viewing at a funeral, so we put Meezer in a box in the blanket he will be buried in so they can say goodbye as well. I'll have to look for a nice memorial cross stitch for him.

Well, I'm off to stitch for a bit and take a nap - it's been a long day already!

3 comments:

  1. Sending strengthening thoughts your family's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you...........xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It never gets easy no matter how many times you have to do it.
    I have put two Siamese cats to sleep and they are dearly missed. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete