Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yea! An Update!



Stitching News! I have done some more work (as you can see from my updated picture) to the Winter Wildlife Stoney Creek stocking. This pattern didn't come with a lettering to stitch the name on it, although it came with a space. I have decided to definitely give this to my husband, so I need to stitch "Scott". It's coming along very nicely, although it is hard to see the symbols! I am having a hard time with these on this pattern, and I have Smokey Mountain Christmas by Stoney Creek in my UFO box
..........segway into UFO topic............
So I went through my UFO box today. Sad to say, but I had to actually toss a bunch of projects that I absolutely KNOW I will never do. I kept some of the charts, hoping someday to get up the gumption to at least try them again. A lot of the UFO projects were kits that were given to me as gifts when I was younger, they were stained, old, yellowed, miscounted stitches, and I know that is why they got tossed in the box - if I got that frustrated with something I tossed it and dealt with it later. My mom always said when Spring Cleaning - if you haven't touched it in 6 months, you're not bound to - get rid of it! So I am rid of the old - on to the new!
In that case, I have added a couple charts to my "To Do" list for 2009. They are:
The Kingdom - Dragon Dreams
(this is one that I had started and mis-measured the chart, also I was stitching on linen which I didn't know I was not fond of yet, as I prefer Monaco or any evenweave)
Snowfall Magic - Dragon Dreams
(I need to order the fabric for this one)
I am sure there will be more to add to this list. I will update my list over there --------->
later, as it is nearly 1am and my husband must be wondering where I am lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment